Now that the Electoral College has secured the millennial reign of Comrade Drumpf, he joins the illustrious ranks of those who lost the popular vote –
1824: John Quincy Adams
1876: Rutherford B. Hayes
1888: Benjamin Harrison
2000: George W. Bush
2016: Donald Trump
Comrade Trumpsky lost by around 2, 864,974 million votes.
Its also fitting to recall what Republicans had to say about the Comrade Elect during the election:
- The most “vulgar person to ever aspire to the presidency.” (M. Rubio)
- “Utterly amoral.”
- “This man is a pathological liar. He doesn’t know the difference between truth and lies. He lies practically every word that comes out of his mouth.”
- “A narcissist at a level that I don’t think this country has ever seen.”
- “A serial philanderer.” (T. Cruz)
- “Showtime is over. We are not electing an entertainer-in-chief. Showmanship is fun, but it is not the kind of leadership that will truly change America.” (C.Christie)
As Will Rogers said, “A fool & his money are soon elected.”
Way to go America.